White Rice sets NEW WORLD RECORD at WCF2017!
Prospeed finally made the trip to the World Cup Finals at Maryland Raceway to run White Rice in the X275/Hotrod class. This is the first prepped race ran in many years for the car, which has spent most of its time competing in No Prep races. Within the first couple passes we were able to run a personal best of a 7.16, then we ran a 6.99 @ 200mph in qualifying.
Later in the day, during eliminations we ticked off a 6.97 @ 204mph! This pass makes White Rice the worlds fastest import on a drag radial! Unfortunately, we did not make it to the finals due to the old, tired turbo letting go, but overall was a great event! We look forward to making it out next year, now back to beating up on the domestics at the No Prep races!
For those interested, here's some more info about White Rice:
- Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx
- Owner: Duy Bui
- Driver: Zach Park
- Engine: Arrow Race Engines built 2JZ
- Trans: M&M Promod TH400
- Chassis: Rick Stevens/ Fabian Bell 25.5
- Turbo System: Prospeed Promod 94 single turbo system w/ air to water intercooler
- Suspension: Prospeed/Penske
- Engine Management: Motec M150 with Prospeed ProDrag Package with Motec C127 Dash
- Power Management: Motec PDM30